History & Beliefs | What We Produce | Contacts | Auxiliary Writers
In the late 1970s, there was a need to make available scripturally sound and scientifically accurate materials in apologetics among the churches of Christ. The idea for Apologetics Press was bornan idea that soon became a reality. The necessary legal steps then were taken to allow the work to be recognized as non-profit and tax-exempt by both State and Federal governments. In 1985, Apologetics Press moved into its own custom-built, 11,000-square-foot building that was debt free upon completion. Financial records are managed by certified public accountants, who also submit to the appropriate agencies all documentation required by State and Federal law.
Currently, Dr. Dave Miller serves as the Executive Director. Dr. Miller, Kyle Butt, and Eric Lyons compose the fulltime professional writing staff, assisted by an auxiliary staff of scientists and other writers including Dr. Will Brooks, Dr. Joe Deweese, Dr. Jerry Fausz, Dr. Michael Houts, Kevin Cain, Jeff Miller, James Spencer, and Matt Vega as well as an office support staff that includes secretaries, production administrators, a Spanish translator, a graphics-design artist, and a scientific illustrator.
The following principles of truth are accepted by those who actively participate in this work:
- God exists, and man can know that God exists, by means of His manifold revelations, both in nature and through the inspired Word of God, the Holy Bible.
- The entire material Universe was specially created by this almighty God in 6 days of approximately 24-
hours each, as revealed in Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11.
- Both biblical and scientific evidence indicate a relatively young Earth, in contrast to evolutionary views of a multi-billion-year age for the Earth.
- Both biblical and scientific evidence indicate that many of the Earth’s features must be viewed in light of a universal, catastrophic flood (i.e., the Noahic Flood as described in Genesis 6-8).
- All compromising theories such as theistic evolution, progressive creationism, threshold evolution, the gap theory, the modified gap theory, the day-age theory, the non-world view, etc., are denied and opposed as patently false.
- Christianity is the one true religion; Jesus Christ is the only divine Son of God, resurrected Lord, and Savior of all who lovingly obey Him.
- The 66 books of the Bible are fully and verbally inspired of God; hence, they are inerrant and authoritative,
and a complete guide for moral and religious conduct.
- Salvation is by means of obedience to the Gospel system, involving faith in God and Christ, repentance from sin, confession of faith, and immersion in water for remission of past sins, coupled with a life of growing consecration and dedication.
- Those enjoying salvation are members of the one true church, which is the body of Christ.